- Last Updated: Wednesday, 21 May 2014 23:18
- Written by Lupe R Haas
Production began on STAR WARS: EPISODE VII this week in Abu Dhabi and to kick it off, J.J. Abrams announced the launch of Star Wars: Force for Change, a brand new Star Wars initiative from Disney and Lucasfilm, in collaboration with Bad Robot, dedicated to finding creative solutions to some of the world's biggest problems. The first Star Wars: Force for Change campaign will raise funds and awareness for UNICEF's Innovation Labs and its innovative projects benefitting children in need. Disney has committed $1 million towards the initiative.
Fans can now donate directly at Omaze.com/StarWars with a minimum $10 pledge which also enters them into a sweepstakes for a chance to be in the new Star Wars adventure. The campaign begins today and runs through July 18th.
Here is what the lucky winner will receive.
The Star Wars: Force for Change Grand Prize includes:
• Airfare and accommodations to London for one winner and a guest
• Behind-the-scenes access on the closed set of Star Wars: Episode VII as VIP guests of J.J. Abrams
• Winner will have the opportunity to meet members of the cast
• Winner and their guest will then be transformed by makeup and costume teams into a Star Wars character and filmed for a scene in Star Wars: Episode VII